Another month has gone by in the blink of an eye… we are literally halfway through 2013! Can you believe it? We had some fun and exciting blog posts during May, so here’s my list of the top 10 highlights of last month.
1. Rihanna was the muse for “comfort- chic” Check out why she was the perfect inspiration for rocking sweats in style
2. Two new fab online boutique announcements Dose of Vitamin F guest bloggers –
Donald and Sheena had big brand launching announcements for Shop Charmantand House of Shoena.
3. We reviewed the Met Gala 2013 Red Carpet Check out the review and the top five “style themes” seen on display on the red carpet for this year’s exhibit
Punk: Chaos to Couture .
4. The GIOGO Girls made a hilarious fashion/music video Comedy, music and fashion collided in a refreshingly fun way when the YouTube fashion vlog duo starred in this
#WhaRUWearing video that would make RuPaul proud.
5. Everything “great” about The Great Gatsby A look at the
movie, music and menswear fashion that were a crucial part of why this film is so great!
6. Donald gave Graduates a style upgrade Using items from
“The Ludlow Shop” at J.Crew, he suggests a suit look that is sure to be a crowd pleaser.
7. Punk from past to present Samantha gave readers a brief history lesson of how “punk” went
from the streets to high fashion.
8. The screening review of Versailles ’73: American Runway Revolution Check out
the screening event review of the movie, meeting the director, and one of the legendary models featured in the documentary.
9. Milktape had us reminiscing about the good ‘ol days! Being able to make an ‘ol school mixtape on an actual tape, seemed unlikely until Milktape Mixtape Co. came up with
this cool product.
10. Readers were challenged to get “dressed” with purpose Last, but not least guest contributors
Najaam Lee shared tips on how you can start dressing like you mean it at with any budget, size or style.
Of course these are only just a few of the highlights from May, see all the posts that are now archived here and here.
We want your feedback: We only started doing this “blog review” feature in April, but hope to continue it throughout the rest of the year, do you like it?